Friday, October 30, 2009

Anticipating Halloween


With Halloween tomorrow, the countdown has begun at my house, for both my kids and myself.  I am so excited to dress them all up in their little costumes, and take them out trick or treating.  The boys are going to be Thomas and Percy, and Mia is going to be a ladybug.  Joey is SO excited about Halloween this year - he asks me no less than 3 times per day, every day, if today he can go trick-or-treating.  I'm not sure what brought on this wave of excitement from him, though I do anticipate that once tomorrow comes, and he sees the bigger kids in their 'scary' costumes, well, he won't be nearly as excited as he is right now.  But his wave of excitement has given me a whole new perspective on the day, and has even made me more excited.  You see, normally I don't like Halloween. I don't like to dress up in a costume, never have, don't care for trick or treating, and just don't really care about Halloween. I just see it as a stepping stone to my very favorite holiday, Christmas! And then my next very favorite, my birthday! (It's on Groundhogs Day, which technically is on the calendar and in my book that makes it a holiday. It's my birthday, I can make the rules if I want to).  But having kids who are getting older every day, whether I like it or not, I have a newfound respect and excitement for all things holiday, regardless of the holiday.  And for that, I am thankful this Friday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Holidays are awesome, enjoy them with your kids. My oldest son was also born on Groundhog Day! A great holiday.......Enjoying your blog

    ReplyDelete