Thursday, October 22, 2009

Theta Mom Thursday

It's Thursday again (hooray! Thursday, I have missed you so!), and it's time for my time out! What did I do with my time out this week? Well, last week on Friday I went to a CAbi party (some sort of clothing trunk show, but I don't know more than that - details coming). I, of course, had the baby with me, since she's basically attached to my hip. But there were others there to entertain her. We went to the party, which never happened. You see, the demonstrator never showed up, but the mommies had lots of fun chatting!

I got another time out alone on Saturday morning...I got 2 whole hours to myself to - brace yourself, this is big - get my oil changed. Exciting stuff, huh? This oil change was followed by a trip to get a flu shot, and really, how much more exciting can a day get than that? But you know what, I don't care - it was me time, by myself, and I got to play with my iPhone by myself, no little hands trying to steal it away to play games!

10 comments:

  1. Time without the kids, regardless of when or where is a time out to me! Having fun with your iphone sounds good since you aren't chasing the kids! Thanks for linking up and sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the oil change. That can be so boring. I also got my flu shot this week. Did you feel yucky afterward? I've spent 2 days feeling rotten. But hopefully the flu will skip me now that I got the shot.

    Have a great week!

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/time-out-for-theta-mom-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. The MckLinky is back up and working. I think I used the one from last week, so it shut it off at 12am. Sorry about that.

    Thanks for the comment. I hope you go back and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes just being able to do any chore without the kids makes me feel refreshed. Especially as I am just jumping in the front seat rather than strapping two kids into their seats and trying to get organized all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, sometimes you gotta take it where you can get it. Alone with the iPhone sounds very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey if you get out, it doesn't matter what you get to do. Sometimes it's nice just to get out by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That reminded me, I need a oil change. Any me time is a great me time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it with babes and phones! Uninterrupted playtime wit hthe phone is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! When I go to get the oil changed in my car, I take advantage, and do some writing. Bummer about the party, but at least you had time to chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol..great reminder..I think I need mines changed also:) good to see that you got your "me" time and the iphone all to yourself:) Have a wonderful Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete