Wednesday, September 23, 2009

How do you make it happen?

Everyone that knows me knows that I am not, nor have I ever been or claimed to be, an immaculate person to live with. Things get set down, and then cleaned up several days later. That's how I grew up, that's how I am, and despite my best attempts to change that, it hasn't happened. End of story. This has always been a source of contention between my husband and myself. He likes everything cleaned up all the time, off the floor, off the garage floor, hung up / in a cabinet / on a shelf (except that he doesn't like to put nail holes in the wall...therein lies a whole other dilemma). I digress. I work full time, 9 hour days Monday through Thursday, leaving the house at 6:30 and getting home about 5:15 at night. I have 3 children under the age of 4, one of whom, Princess, loves to be held all the time, due to her history of being such a colicky baby. So I need to knw - how do other moms, working full time, keep their houses clean on a day-to-day basis? I'll take any tips or guidance I can get on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I think many of the blogs I read talk about picking up a little bit at a time, all during the day. That doesn't fit your schedule or mine. I share the OCD hubby issue, and I've found that by making the bed and de-cluttering the living room, lots of other things are far less noticable. For instance, if there are clean boxers in the drawer, he doesn't know (or care) how many dirty ones litter the laundry room... floor! =)

    ReplyDelete